For the eighth consecutive year, Webfoot is looking for a local non-profit organization with painting, carpentry, and/or deck needs to tackle for our annual giveaway, Project Serious: Non-Profit Edition, which will award $15,000 of in-kind services. Giving back has been at the core of our business since we opened in 2003. We love the Central Oregon community and are so proud to be able make this donation to one lucky recipient each year.
NEW THIS YEAR: Since our customers are at the center of everything we do, we want to let them in on our voting process. So, for the first time ever, our current and future customers can vote on our Facebook and Instagram accounts and help us select the top three entries! In addition to moving through to the final company vote, the entrant voted number one on social media will receive an additional company vote, which could be the tie-breaker!
Non-profit organizations in Bend, Redmond, Sunriver, and Sisters are eligible to apply. We’ll only be considering non-profits and charitable groups who can show their need of these services and how they would benefit their organization. This year’s application process includes both a brief online entry form and a 30 second amateur video—the more creative, the better—that we will post to our social media accounts for voting.
Non-profit organizations can submit their entries online between January 30 and February 17, but remember, the earlier you submit, the more time you’ll have to collect votes. Once your complete submission is received and fully reviewed, we will post your video to our Facebook and Instagram accounts. Each like, reaction, comment, tag, and share will count as one vote, so be sure you’re sending your supporters to our social media pages directly. Voting will close on March 3 and our company will meet as a whole on Tuesday, March 7th to select the winner. Each Webfoot staffer has a single vote to cast, the non-profit with the most votes wins! The winner will be called after our voting closes around 5pm.
Here are a few tips to help with your submission:
- Be sure to complete the your application below
- Once your online entry is processed, you’ll receive a link to a Dropbox folder. You’ll complete your submission by
saving your 30 second video to our Dropbox folder. Please be sure to label your file with your organization’s name.
- Your video should be no more than 30 seconds in length and should be able to post to Facebook and Instagram. Please don’t hire a videographer to produce this for you. This should be low to no cost and as creative, fun, and engaging (seriously great) as possible. Tell us and our customers why you should be the Project Serious 2017 recipient!
- Your video should be in MP4 format and should have all permissions for reposting and sharing enabled.
- Be sure to test your video on Instagram and Facebook before submitting so you know they will work.
- You are welcome to promote your submission on your own social media accounts, but please tag Webfoot Painting on Facebook and @webfoot_seriouslygreat on Instagram to direct folks to vote for you. Add the hashtags #projectserious and #seriouslygreat. Other useful hashtags include: #charity #givingback #oregon and #inbend.
Do you have questions about your video or any of the social media components of our contest? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support!